Follow by Email

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Just ride....

It was a balmy 39 degrees when i opened the garage door this morning.  Didn't matter.  It was above freezing and pushing to 60-ish degrees for my ride home and I didn't want to miss that.  So I slid on the FXRG pants, jacket liner, jacket and Aerostich fleece neck warmer, helmet and gloves and set out.  My route to the office is the same each time, along the lake for a mile, cut out through the farms for 2.5 and then its 26 miles of freeway (highway, interstate or whatever you call it) and I am at work.  In my Challenger it takes 28-30 minutes.  Somehow it took me only 24 minutes today--might have been repeated bursts of 100mph but i might not actually ever admit that i did that--it's illegal to go over 65 mph you know...

The point is, it could have been more comfortable for me to hop in the 5.7 litre Hemi powered Challenger and dig the BackSpin channel on Sirius all the way here, but I layered up and took the bike because it makes me so much happier.  Whatever you have, just get out and ride it.  I promise layers or not you will be happier....

Now this pic isn't from the morning...but i just wanted to add something besides words