Follow by Email

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The man totally kept me down today in Lancaster WI

Got a ticket in July in the small town of Lancaster WI. The officer says he had me on radar at 68 in a 55....but I maintain it was bs. He was a jerk when he pulled us over, no talking, no even standing next to us long enough for me to ask if Marcia and I could remove our helmets or jackets..it was like 90 degrees that day.
Went to court today, he was there, sitting in the room chatting up the assistant DA like they had known each other for years. She turns to me and asks if I will accept the admission of guilt and 3 points instead of 4. I say no as I don't believe I am guilty, and she immediately goes back to chatting up her friend.
Cop goes on the stand and she hits him with a list of questions off a photocopied sheet. It was at that moment I knew there was no chance of me getting anywhere. It was a total set up. Now it was my responsibility to prove the radar gun was faulty...and since I am not an expert at radar guns, I was done.
Nice legal system here in Wisconsin. Especially Lancaster WI...no flexibility, no respect for the fact that I had a clean driving record for almost 15 years. Nope just shut the door on their canned way of doing business. I was there on a weekend of exploring and spending tourist money.....I needed gas in my car when I left the courthouse. I nursed it to the next town, I will never spend a penny in that town ever again. They have no flexibility in their set ups, I have only one choice and it is forever boycott all businesses in Lancaster Wisconsin.