Follow by Email

Monday, October 17, 2011

How much time are you saving?????

Been out of it lately and not posting, but for five months now I have been seeing a sign for the alifornia Toll Roads.  Its banner says  How Much Time Are You Saving? and then it goes on to advertise the toll roads--a unique freeway system here in So Cal that cost a fortune.  Its 2, 3, 5, 7 and even 9 dollars to be on these toll roads at different times of the day.  Sure they save you time, but they are pretty darn pricey.
So i started thinking of how much time i save taking my bike instead of my car. 
Its 32 miles each way to my office.  I leave my house at 725 and roll into my office parking lot at 8 thanks to the carpool lane...no charge for tolls.  Conversely, I get in my car and i have to be driving at 7:00, the latest 7:05 to make it to work at 8.  That's 20-25 minutes.  basically the same going home, so lets say 45 minutes each day, times five mans i save almost 4 hours a week in commuting time. and i pay no tolls

why don't you ride to work each day?