Follow by Email

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

memorable motorcycle moments....

going way back in time....I was on my way home to my rent controlled Santa Monica apartment.  In retrospect i never should have left that place, huge 2 bedroom, 2-bath at 6th and Ocean Park, with 2 parking places that sucker was just $800 bucks a month.  if you leaned really far out on the balcony you could see the ocean....ahhh a simpler time...anyway, i was riding home from the hallowed Motorcyclist offices on a Ducati 888. 
It was my first day on the bike and the sounds it made were getting me pretty pumped up to do something stupid.  I figured out what on Olympic boulevard.  There is an area where it is fairly open, mostly businesses and fairly straight. I decided to do a wheelie--but this turned out not to be just any wheelie, but one of the best I had ever done.  I just kept going and going and going.  Now remember this was back when doing long wheelies was a talent (not back patting here, just making a point) that you either had or you didn't.  there was none of this stunter set up with huge rear sprockets, no air in the tires and taller bars to help pull the bike up.  This was just pure balance point and throttle control--old school wheelie. 
anyway, i went for what seemed like forever, looking around the fairing and hand grip to see where i was going and i noticed that a traffic light a few blocks down was about to change. so i reeled it in, dropped the wheel back to the ground and stopped at the light.  Inside my Shoei helmet I was giggling like a school girl...the bike was damn near perfect.  Well the day got just a touch better when a pickup truck pulled up next to me.  I had passed the truck on my way down wheelie lane.  the driver and his passenger spoke for a second, she turned to me and flashed an amazing set of boobs at me as he called out, "nice wheelie dude"...i was much too stunned to reply--they were really nice boobs...
That has not happened to me since, probably never will again, but it was a great memory from way back.....