Follow by Email

Saturday, February 4, 2012

What is it about a clean motorcycle

If you search my garage you would think I am preparing for the zombie apocalypse by hoarding motorcycle cleaning materials. I tend to favor Mothers and Meguiars products and have a cabinet full. A normal Saturday morning for me almost always involves an early washing and waxing of my bike...I figure it is payback to it for having to sit outside at the office all week. I have a pretty good system, rinse the bike, heavy suds and rinse off, then I blow dry it with a blower specifically for the job. A coat of wax on everything possible, with everything that can't be waxed treated with plastic/rubber treatment. I can do a pretty thorough job in about an hour...lot that I have done it so many times that I have a pattern or anything, and a super detailing is about 2.5 hours. I never regret investing the time as going over the bike gives me a chance to inspect it for leaks, obvious loose bolts and unusual wear patterns....plus it loos new when I am done. Now, time to slip out for a ride......