Follow by Email

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

oh look, something shiny

Lets face it, you didn't buy a motorcycle because its ugly--ok my V-Strom 1000 adventure is ugly, but that's a separate story.
Something about your bike, a part or its whole package, inspired a desire in you. We are drawn to shiny things, which may also be matte finish or even hidden technology that we can only speak of, because they create a feeling inside. I could spend hours, and bore you to death, talking about all the reasons I am drawn to my bikes currently and in the past.
What is it about your bike that fires you up? Here is a list of just one thing I loved on the bikes I have owned in the last 15 years:
1992 Suzuki gsxr 750--- the dual headlight assembly. I loved looking at it
1994 Buell s2----- the billet footpeg plates. So intricate and gorgeous, explained the engineering in this bike
1997 dyna fxd--- the 107ci TP Engineering motor and the wheelies it produced
1999 custom built softball--I snuck dual headlights on it--like my gsxr
1998 Buell S3T--- the gas tank was a gorgeous shape
2001 FXDXT--the stance of the bike after I put an 18-inch PM wheel on the back. It sat level and suggested better cornering
2005 Honda XR650L--after the installation of 17-inch wheels, this had the look of a bulky supermoto
2009 Kawasaki Concourse--the feel of the engine when this 1400cc beast hits about 6500rpm--whoosh like a rocket
2012 Suzuki V-Strom 1000--ugliest bike I have ever owned, which draws me to it

Have you ever thought about what shiny thing drew you to your bike? Let me know